Single Family/Two Family Residential Permits

    A permit is required for residential projects including building a new home, constructing an addition; interior remodeling; Single Family Home under constructionmodifications or new mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) systems and private utilities; new or modifications/repairs to: a detached accessory building, fence, driveway, sports court, deck, porch, steps or stairs, a swimming pool, hot tub, and residential communication structures. Permits are also required for tearing down or razing a building and for any land disturbance activities such as regarding your property or constructing a berm.

    The cost of the permit will be calculated during the plan review based on the scope of the project in accordance with the current residential permit fees. Applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received and may take up to 10 business days to process upon submittal of a complete application.

    Permit Applications and Guidelines  (Contact the Building Inspection Department with any questions, unless otherwise noted.)
    Addition or Alteration Permit Application
    Accessory Structure Permit Application
    Includes permits applications for
    Decks, Porches, Steps or Stairs
    Garage or Shed (detached)
    Gazebo or Pergola
    Screened Porch
    Sports Court
    Residential Communication Structure
    Driveway and Culvert Permit Application Contact Community Development Department with any questions
    Electric Plumbing HVAC (MEP) Permit Application
    Erosion Control Permit Application  Contact Engineering Department with any questions
    Fence Permit Application  Contact Community Development Department with any questions
    New Manufactured Home Application
    New Single Family Permit Application
    New Two Family Permit Application
    Razing Permit Application
    Right-of-way Permit Application Contact Public Works Department with any questions
    Stipulated Shoreland Permit Application Contact Community Development Department with any questions
    Swimming Pool-Hot Tub Permit Application  Contact Community Development Department with any questions
    See instructions on how to find a plat of survey of your property, if available on Kenosha County Interactive Mapping website, for use when submitting permit applications for an addition, and accessory building/structure or a driveways.

    Quick Links
    Village Building Code
    Village Land Disturbance, Construction Site Maintenance & Erosion Control Ordinance
    Village Zoning Ordinance
    State of Wisconsin Uniform Dwelling Codes
    State of Wisconsin Manufactured Home Title Codes
    State of Wisconsin Electrical and Lighting Codes
    State of Wisconsin HVAC Codes
    State of Wisconsin Plumbing Codes


    Building Inspection Department
    9915 39th Avenue
    Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158

    Community Development Department (Planning and Zoning)
    9915 39th Avenue
    Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158

    Engineering Department
    9915 39th Avenue
    Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158

    Public Works Department
    8500 Green Bay Rd
    Pleasant Prairie WI 53158

    Village of Pleasant Prairie | All Rights Reserved | Powered by CivicLive | © 2021 Intrado Corporation.